New and expanded offerings available to local businesses and residences
October 19, 2020 – Comcast announced today that it is now offering a host of new Xfinity residential and Comcast Business services in Danforth, Gilman and Onarga, IL.
Comcast has historically offered TV service in the three towns but is now is expanding its residential offerings to include Xfinity Internet, Xfinity Home (home security and automation), Xfinity Voice (residential phone service), Xfinity Mobile (mobile phone service) and upgraded Xfinity TV. Comcast Business will offer a comprehensive suite of products and services, too, including Internet, phone and TV, along with:
- SecurityEdge, a cloud-based cybersecurity solution for businesses protecting all connected devices;
- Connection Pro, an automatic 4G LTE backup connection to keep businesses running;
- WiFi Pro, a public and private WiFi solution for businesses; and
- SmartOffice, video monitoring that allows businesses to monitor their worksites 24/7.
“Comcast services are the state-of-the-art. They work seamlessly together to ensure the best possible customer experience,” said John Crowley, Comcast’s Regional Senior Vice President. “Their availability will take Internet, TV and other technology offerings available in Danforth, Gilman and Onarga to a new level, and the ability to get them in bundles makes them even more cost effective.”
With this upgrade, residential and business customers in Danforth, Gilman and Onarga can now access Internet speeds up to 1 Gigabit per second (Gbps). Xfinity and Comcast Business Internet customers will be able to access the Xfinity WiFi national network of more than 19 million hotspots for no additional charge.
Xfinity TV service includes technologies that enhance the TV viewing experience at home and on-the-go, including:
- Xfinity X1 Entertainment Platform: A simple-to-use easily searchable guide and platform with thousands of On Demand content choices; the ability to record six shows simultaneously; and apps including Netflix, Amazon Prime, Weather, YouTube and more;
- X1 Voice Remote: Customers can use voice commands to search for TV shows and movies, networks, categories of content across Xfinity On Demand, Netflix and YouTube; and
- Xfinity Stream app: Stream live TV, Xfinity On Demand content and DVR recordings anywhere at home. Access more than 200 channels live and stream nearly 90,000 On Demand choices and DVR recordings on the go. Xfinity Internet customers can stream content over the company’s Xfinity WiFi hotspots.
Xfinity Internet includes xFi, which allows high-speed Internet customers to personalize and control their home WiFi experience. In addition, Xfinity Internet customers can get Xfinity Flex, a personalized streaming dashboard that allows customers to view content in 4K Ultra HD, as well as search across apps, ranging from Netflix and Prime Video to HBO.
Xfinity Home, which offers home security and automation services, features 24/7 professional monitoring, along with the ability to arm, disarm and control the system remotely via the Internet and the Xfinity Home app.
Xfinity Mobile is the nation’s first wireless service that combines the country’s largest and most reliable 4G LTE network with the company’s more than 19 million WiFi hotspots to deliver wireless service. It offers the most popular smartphones and devices from a variety of manufacturers. Xfinity Mobile customers can choose to pay only for the data they use, one gigabyte at a time, or select an unlimited data plan – easily switching from “By the Gig” to “Unlimited” at any time at no cost using the Xfinity Mobile app.
For more information about residential services, visit www.xfinity.com or call 1-800-XFINITY (1-800-934-6489). For more information about Comcast Business services, visit www.business.comcast.com or call 1-866-524-5496.