All Xfinity Internet and Xfinity Mobile Services Available
March 9, 2022 – The federal Affordable Connectivity Program (ACP) provides eligible low-income households a credit up to $30 a month toward the cost of Internet service ($75 per month for households on qualifying Tribal lands). Participants in the program can apply the ACP credit toward the cost of participating plans from a variety of Internet Service Providers, including Comcast’s Internet Essentials program and all the company’s Xfinity Internet and Xfinity Mobile plans. Xfinity Internet and Internet Essentials customers who qualify for ACP can use the credit to save money on their Internet bills. Households that choose plans totaling $30 or less will essentially receive their service for free.
“Comcast has connected more than 10 million Americans to the Internet since we launched Internet Essentials, our low-cost broadband adoption program for low-income households, in 2011. We’re proud to carry on our tradition of working to close the digital divide by participating in ACP,” said Chris Smith, Comcast’s Regional Vice President of Sales and Marketing.
To be eligible, households must meet at least one of the criteria below:
- Meet the eligibility criteria for a participating ISP’s existing low-income broadband adoption programs, including Comcast’s Internet Essentials
- Have an income at or below 200% of the federal poverty guidelines.
- Participate in one of the following government assistance programs:
- Supplemental Security Income (SSI);
- Veterans Pension and Survivors Benefit;
- SNAP (formerly known as Food Stamps);
- Federal Public Housing Assistance (FPHA);
- Received a Federal Pell Grant (in the current award year);
- Free & Reduced-Price School Lunch or Breakfast Program; or
- Special Supplemental Nutrition Program for Women, Infants and Children.
- Participate in Tribal-specific assistance programs.
Paperwork required to apply for ACP includes proof of income – either a tax return, pay stub or Social Security statement of benefits – or proof of participation in one of the programs listed above, which can include approval letters, benefit verification letters or statements of benefits.
For more information
New and existing Xfinity Internet and Internet Essentials customers can visit www.xfinity.com/acp or call 1-844-389-4681 from 8 a.m. to 12 a.m. daily for more information, to determine their eligibility and sign up. Comcast’s dedicated ACP Enrollment and Support Center staff have multi-lingual capabilities and can assist callers interested in the program. In addition, customers can visit a nearby Xfinity Store for more information about Xfinity services participating in ACP.