Comcast proud to be a finalist in the 5,000+ employee award category
October 12, 2022 – Crain’s Content Studio, a division of Crain’s Chicago Business, and Cigna (NYSE: CI) announce the winners of the 2022 Illinois’ Healthiest Employers Awards, recognizing companies that make workplace wellness a priority. The 11th annual awards were presented virtually via a webcast hosted by Crain’s Content Studio on Tuesday, September 27. This is the seventh year of Cigna’s sponsorship of the Illinois’ Healthiest Employers Awards, a corporate wellness program that encourages healthier lifestyles through biometric, fitness, nutrition and other health-related educational advice that emphasize preventing illness and prolonging life. Over 8,000 employers of all sizes in 45 cities participate in the program nationwide.
The 1st place winners and finalists for 2022 are:
- First Place: Connor and Gallagher OneSource (2-99 employees), an independent insurance broker. Finalists (2-99 employees): Shop Smart LLC and Blackstone Environmental, Inc.;
- First Place: V3 Companies, Ltd. (100-499 employees), a civil engineering and environmental services firm. Finalists (100-499 employees): Associated Agencies, Inc. and Trailer Bridge;
- First Place: Kearney (500-1,499 employees), a global management consulting firm. Finalists (500-1,499 employees): Busey and AssetMark;
- First Place: Riverside Healthcare (1,500-4,999), a health care network and service provider. Finalists (1,500-4,999 employees): CNO Financial Group and Syngenta; and
- First Place: U-Haul International (5,000+ employees), a moving equipment and rental storage company. Finalists: Comcast and Chicago Transit Authority.
“There’s so much to learn about workplace wellness innovation from this year’s winners—and from Cigna—that we’ll be presenting their wisdom in a special sponsored section on Illinois’ Healthiest Employers in the September 27th edition of Crain’s Chicago Business and at ChicagoBusiness.com,” said Sarah Chow, Director of Sales for Crain’s Chicago Business. The special section, sponsored by Cigna, will be produced by Crain’s Content Studio, the marketing storytelling arm of Crain’s Chicago Business.
Cigna’s Midwest Vice President, Account Management, Lisa Buckley, who presented the awards during the program, noted the importance of driving a healthy, productive workforce amidst pandemic challenges. “It has accelerated the continued need to focus on whole person health – body and mind,” she said.
The award is powered and scored by Springbuk, a health intelligence software company, which administers an online application process to evaluate companies’ performance in six key areas of corporate health and wellness: culture and leadership commitment, foundational components, strategic planning, communication marketing, programming and interventions, and reporting and analytics. Applicants are categorized by number of employees so that organizations compete against like-sized organizations.
About Healthiest Employers
Healthiest Employers is a corporate wellness awards program that recognizes organizations that proactively shape the health of their employees. Since 2009, more than 8,000 employers have participated across 45 cities in the nationally recognized Healthiest Employers Award Program, representing insights and best practices of more than 60,000,000 employee lives.