Symmetrical multi-gig speeds to start to roll out at the end of the year
April 26, 2023 – Comcast announced today that it’s making upgrades to its next-generation Xfinity 10G Network that will allow the company to deliver even smarter, faster and more reliable service to the nearly 4.7 million Chicagoland homes and businesses in its footprint. The Xfinity 10G Network delivers:
- Fastest Internet: More than a third of Xfinity Internet customers subscribe to gigabit speed products, and Ookla rated Xfinity the fastest Internet provider at the end of 2022*. The network upgrades will allow Comcast to deliver download speeds up to 2 Gbps and upload speeds up to 200 Mbps in the short term and symmetrical multi-gig speeds to the first set of Chicagoland customers later this year and ultimately to all homes and businesses in its service footprint.
- Ultimate Capacity: Xfinity customers connect nearly 1 billion devices across the company’s network annually. The Xfinity 10G Network with the next-generation Xfinity gateways deliver the most advanced WiFi technology, carrying three times more bandwidth to power streaming, gaming, videoconferencing and more, simultaneously.
- Unprecedented Coverage: The latest Xfinity Gateway provides a more reliable connection throughout the home. Customers can get wall-to-wall WiFi coverage with a powerful xFi Pod that extends coverage to hard-to-reach areas, with plans for an offering of increased support for in-home WiFi through a “boost guarantee” later this year.
- Most Reliable Connection: The company plans to launch a new “storm-ready” device with cellular and battery backup to help keep customers connected even when the power goes out; and
- Ultra-Low Lag: The Xfinity 10G Network and the latest xFi Gateway combine to deliver ultra-low latency, also known as “low lag,” for those moments when response times matter most, like video games, a fast-growing category within Xfinity households, averaging more than one gaming console per home.
“The investments Comcast has made in its network have allowed the company to continually increase Internet speeds, offer more and more robust WiFi coverage throughout the home and increase bandwidth to support everything customers do online,” said Chris Smith, Comcast’s newly announced incoming Greater Chicago Region Senior Vice President. “In addition, the network investments have included technologies that allow the company to identify and address potential service issues before they impact customers, which has helped to increase reliability.”
To make these upgrades possible, Comcast accelerated the transformation of its network to a cloud-based architecture capable of supporting robust 10G technologies and DOCSIS 4.0, a cable-industry standard that enables the company to deliver symmetrical, multi-gigabit speeds to both residential and business customers – services that technically-limited fixed wireless providers will not be able to deliver.
“The way our network is designed allows us to make these upgrades and deliver smarter, faster and more reliable service largely using the lines that already serve the homes and businesses in our footprint,” said Smith. “As a result, ultimately, we’ll be able to provide symmetrical speeds and other service upgrades to all the homes and businesses in our service footprint without having to do major construction, which is a boon to our customers and the communities we serve across Chicagoland.”
Upgrades will be completed on a rolling basis over time. Comcast will notify customers as new services become available at their address.
About Comcast Corporation
Comcast Corporation (Nasdaq: CMCSA) is a global media and technology company. From the connectivity and platforms we provide, to the content and experiences we create, our businesses reach hundreds of millions of customers, viewers and guests worldwide. We deliver world-class broadband, wireless and video through Xfinity, Comcast Business and Sky; produce, distribute and stream leading entertainment, sports and news through brands, including NBC, Telemundo, Universal, Peacock and Sky; and bring incredible theme parks and attractions to life through Universal Destinations & Experiences. Visit www.comcastcorporation.com for more information.
With around 5,000 local employees, Comcast’s Greater Chicago Region (https://chicago.comcast.com) serves customers in central and northern Illinois, including the Chicago area, Northern Indiana and Southwest Michigan. “Like” Comcast’s Greater Chicago Region on Facebook by visiting @Comcast. “Follow” Comcast’s Greater Chicago Region on Twitter at @ComcastIllinois.
*Ookla’s SpeedtestTM Market Index report shows that Xfinity delivered the fastest median download speeds to its Internet customers in the United States for the final quarter of 2022.