Comcast bringing its next-generation Xfinity 10G Network to town
August 24, 2023 – Comcast announced today that its officially launching residential and businesses services in Manhattan, IL. Residents throughout the village will have access to Comcast’s full suite of Xfinity services, including Internet speeds faster than a gig, and local businesses can sign up for the company’s full suite of Comcast Business services. Comcast will begin rolling out services today and will complete its build across the town over the coming months. Comcast will notify residents when service becomes available at their address.
Services in Manhattan will be delivered over the company’s next-generation Xfinity 10G Network, which enables even smarter, faster and more reliable Internet service; brings wall-to-wall WiFi coverage and support for the burgeoning number of connected devices – ranging from streaming devices and smart speakers to exercise equipment and smart TVs – in people’s homes; and brings low-latency, and ultimately symmetrical multi-gig speeds.
“We’re pleased to welcome Comcast to town,” said Manhattan Chamber of Commerce President Kristy Byers. “Access to fast, reliable Internet and telecommunications services is critical to meet the current and future needs of our increasingly digital world.”
“We’re proud to bring all our services and our fastest Internet speeds to Manhattan,” said Chris Smith, Comcast’s Greater Chicago Region Senior Vice President. “And we’re especially proud about becoming part of the fabric of the community and playing a role in its economic future.”
Comcast will offer the following Xfinity services to residential customers across Manhattan:
- Xfinity Internet, with speeds faster than a gigabit available, which includes access to a network of 23 million Xfinity WiFi hotspots in locations across the country;
- Xfinity Mobile, Comcast’s mobile phone service, which combines nationwide 5G cellular service with access to millions of Xfinity WiFi hotspots;
- Xfinity Flex, a simplified streaming solution for Xfinity Internet customers who choose not to subscribe to traditional cable TV service;
- Xfinity X1 entertainment platform and voice remote; and
- Xfinity Home, a total home security and automation solution.
Businesses in Manhattan will also have access to Comcast Business’ full suite of services, including Internet speeds up to 100 Gigabits per second, Ethernet, Advanced Voice, Comcast Business Mobile and a variety of cloud services and other advanced services.
Closing the digital divide
Comcast is also bringing its Internet Essentials program to Manhattan. Internet Essentials is a low-cost Internet service available to eligible low-income households with students of all ages, seniors, veterans, people with disabilities and public housing residents enrolled in government assistance programs, ranging from Medicaid and SSI to SNAP. Comcast also participates in the federal Affordable Connectivity Program (ACP), which provides eligible low-income families up to $30/month toward the cost of their Internet and/or mobile bills. ACP can cover the full cost of Comcast’s Internet Essentials and Internet Essentials Plus service tiers, making them free.
To learn more and sign up to receive alerts from Comcast when services become available at their address, residents and businesses can visit www.xfinity.com/mytown. For more information about Xfinity products and services, visit www.xfinity.com. For more information about Comcast Business products and services, visit www.business.comcast.com.
Powered by the Xfinity 10G Network
Comcast’s network and Internet experience are powering homes and businesses today and into the future:
- Ultimate Capacity: Xfinity customers connect nearly 1 billion devices across the company’s network annually. The Xfinity 10G Network with the next-generation Xfinity gateways deliver the most advanced WiFi technology carrying three times more bandwidth to power streaming, gaming, videoconferencing and more, simultaneously.
- Fastest Internet: More than a third of Xfinity Internet customers subscribe to gigabit speed products, and symmetrical gig speeds are planned to come to the first homes later this year.
- Unprecedented Coverage: The latest Xfinity Gateway provides a more reliable connection throughout the home. Customers can get WiFi coverage with a powerful Xfinity WiFi Boost Pod that extends coverage to hard-to-reach areas, with plans for an offering of increased support for in-home WiFi through a “boost guarantee” this year.
- Most Reliable Connection: Comcast is scaling the nation’s largest and most reliable network – the Xfinity 10G Network. The company recently launched Storm-Ready WiFi, a new device that is “storm ready” with cellular and battery backup to help keep customers connected even when the power goes out.
- Ultra-Low Latency: The Xfinity 10G Network and the latest Xfinity Gateway are a powerful combination that deliver ultra-low latency for those moments when response times matter most like video games, a fast-growing category with Xfinity households averaging more than one gaming console per home.
About Comcast Corporation
Comcast Corporation (Nasdaq: CMCSA) is a global media and technology company. From the connectivity and platforms we provide, to the content and experiences we create, our businesses reach hundreds of millions of customers, viewers, and guests worldwide. We deliver world-class broadband, wireless, and video through Xfinity, Comcast Business, and Sky; produce, distribute, and stream leading entertainment, sports, and news through brands including NBC, Telemundo, Universal, Peacock, and Sky; and bring incredible theme parks and attractions to life through Universal Destinations & Experiences. Visit www.comcastcorporation.com for more information.
About Comcast Greater Chicago Region
With around 5,000 local employees, Comcast’s Greater Chicago Region (https://chicago.comcast.com) serves customers in central and northern Illinois, including the Chicago area, northern Indiana and southwest Michigan. “Like” Comcast’s Greater Chicago Region on Facebook by visiting @Comcast. “Follow” Comcast’s Greater Chicago Region on Twitter at @ComcastIllinois.