Comcast is proud to deliver high-speed Internet and other innovative telecommunications products and services, along with programs designed to close the digital divide, to communities across Northern Indiana.
- Serves more than 300 communities in Indiana, close to 100 in Northern Indiana alone.*
- Operates 10,000+ miles of easily accessible advanced network infrastructure in Northern Indiana, including 2,200+ miles of fiber.
- Delivers residential download speeds up to 1.2 Gbps to homes and businesses over our entire existing network – up to 3 Gbps in many locations across our service footprint.
- Provides speeds up to 100 Gbps and a suite of advanced telecommunications services for businesses.
- Has completed multiple network extensions across Northern Indiana since 2015, bringing fiber directly to business and industrial corridors in Crown Point, Elkhart, Gary, Griffith, Hammond, Highland, Middlebury, Portage, Schererville, South Bend, Wakarusa, Warsaw and other locations.
- Manages an extensive WiFi network with more than 20 million Xfinity WiFi hotspots nationwide – nearly 150,000 in Northern Indiana alone – which allow connectivity on the go.
- Has invested nearly $550 million in technology and infrastructure in Indiana alone in the last three years.
- Operates 18 engineering, office, warehouse, technical operations and retail facilities (Xfinity Stores) in Northern Indiana.
- Employs around 265 people in Northern Indiana.
- Has connected 440,000 low-income Indiana residents to the Internet at home through Internet Essentials, Comcast’s low-cost broadband adoption program for low-income families, since 2011.
- Has established “Lift Zones” at nine Northwest Indiana Boys & Girls Clubs facilities. Lift Zones are safe places with Wi-Fi access where people can build their digital skills, search for employment and do schoolwork.
- Has contributed $4.4 million in cash and in-kind support to Indiana non-profits over the last three years.
Investing to help Northern Indiana businesses compete locally, nationally and even internationally
Just last year, Comcast Business announced the addition of more than seven miles of fiber in key Northern and Northwest Indiana business and industrial areas. The new advanced network infrastructure will reach hundreds of businesses in the following locations:
- Hammond, at the Briar East Shopping Center area along South Grand Avenue and East 169th Street and at the Digital Crossroad Data Center on Indianapolis Boulevard;
- Middlebury, in a business area between County Road 2 and County Road 4 along State Road 131;
- Portage, in an industrial area along Shepherd Avenue and Marineview Street off State Highway 249;
- Schererville, serving the Shoppes at Schererville area near Indianapolis Boulevard and Cedar Parkway;
- Wakarusa, serving a business area located at East Waterford Street and Nappanee Street; and
- Warsaw, in the Silveus Crossing industrial area, between County Road W 300 N and State Highway 30. This expansion is the third phase of a major multi-year Comcast network expansion, including a retail area at North Detroit Street and Route 30 and a manufacturing and business area at North Boeing Road and North Bell Drive that were completed in 2017.
“Expanding broadband for Hoosier communities in need of a reliable and fast internet connection is a top priority,” said Indiana District 4 State Rep. Ed Soliday, chair of the Indiana House Utilities, Energy and Telecommunications Committee. “With Comcast adding new fiber connections at the Digital Crossroad Data Center and throughout Northern Indiana, hundreds of employers, workers and families will benefit, while also making our communities more attractive to job providers and spurring economic development.”
“The expansion of Comcast Business’ fiber network in Northwest Indiana will strengthen the region’s profile and help it continue to compete for companies in a number of key sectors, from manufacturing, distribution and warehousing to customer support/call centers and healthcare,” said Heather Ennis, President and CEO of Northwest Indiana Forum. “We appreciate Comcast’s ongoing investment in the region and its impact on our economy.”
For more information, contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
*List of counties and a sampling of communities Comcast serves across Northern Indiana
- Elkhart County
- Fulton County
- Jasper County
- Kosciusko County
- Winona Lake
- Lake County
- Crown Point
- East Chicago
- Lake Station
- LaPorte County
- Michigan City
- Marshall County
- Porter County
- St. Joseph County
- South Bend